SEATBONE CONTROL IN WALK
Learn how to control your seatbones in walk in this FREE 2 minute video, and discover so much more in 'The How of Riding' course on Dressage Training TV
SEAT BONE CONTROL IN WALK
In this 2 minute snippet I talk about seatbone control and show a little exercise which prepares the rider for developing better control of tempo and better control of their seat. The final exercise is a precursor to learning how to halt directly from seatbone control..
THE HOW OF RIDING
10 RECORDED1 HOUR SESSIONS
(and unlimited replays) direct from our indoor arenas, using a selection of real riders and horses, to bring The 'How' of Riding to you in a clear, logical way. We'll dig deep into the how of riding to allow your horse to work better for you.
Taught by Peter Dove, author of Master Dressage with star appearances from Mary Wanless BHSI BSc
ALIGNMENT & POSITION
Covering stirrup length, leg position, neutral spine, tone and typical positional problems. Includes introduction to stability.
Covering seat bone control, seat bone movement, plugging in, weight aids, 'driving with the seat' and supporting your own weight.
RISING TROT MECHANISM
Covering how to stabilise the lower leg, how to maintain tempo control, how to land correctly and typical mistakes in rising trot.
DOWNWARD / UPWARD TRANSITIONS
TURNING AND ASYMMETRY
Covering leg, seat and rein aids for turning, typical turning problems and solutions, an introduction to asymmetry issues.
Covering correctly holding the reins, how to passive resist, turning rein, indirect rein, hand position, rein length and typical errors.
SITTING TROT with Mary Wanless
Covering the sitting trot mechanics, pre-requisites, learning strategies and typical problems.
Covering tempo control, leg aids, training of the horse, trotting poles and typical mistakes.
CANTER with Mary Wanless
Covering sitting to the canter, strike off into canter, typical seat issues (bouncing and seat coming away from saddle) and tempo control.
PROBLEM SOLVING & WRAP UP
Covering canter transitions and questions raised by Dressage Training TV members during the course.
All material and techniques used in this course are based wholly upon Ride With Your Mind training techniques. www.mary-wanless.com
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT COURSE...
RWYM BHSI BSc
She has B.Sc. Degrees in both Physics and Applied Sports Coaching, and holds the BHSI certificate.
DID YOU KNOW THAT MARY:
Rode with the late Nuno Oliveira, and over the years she has spent many months training in Portugal. Mary has ridden in Germany with the late Egon Von Neindorff and has trained in Germany with Hans Heinrich Meyer-Zu-Strohen.
Works out just over £13 per month
Works out as only £13 per month
Best Value 41p per day
JOIN DRESSAGE TRAINING TV TODAY AND GET ACCESS TO...
- Up to 5 hours of new video every month – with more and more videos and courses being added all the time
- Multiple courses – covering everything from groundwork to rider biomechanics to competing.
- Over 20hrs of existing videos and courses available on sign-up.
- Groundwork Certification Programme with Certificates & Badges
- Cohesive coaching system – based on Ride With Your Mind Rider Biomechanics – no confusing or conflicting techniques!
- Suitable for all levels – novices, riding school riders, experienced riders, competitive riders and coaches.
- Best Selling Authors Mary Wanless & Peter Dove, and senior RWYM coach Ali Wakelin, guide you through video, articles and live online training sessions
- Join today – and download the digital version of the book 'Master Dressage – The Basics'.