USING THE CARDBOARD BOX ANALOGY
SCROLL DOWN TO FIND OUT MORE
CRACK THE CODE OF SKILFUL RIDING!
Join us to learn the mental and physical skills that combine to create 'talent'.
- Over 10 different courses from Groundwork through to Competition
- 1-on-1 support from our coaches in our forums, including personalised video feedback.
- Rider Biomechanics Certification Programme with Mary Wanless BHSI BSc
- Groundwork Certification Programme with Ali Wakelin
Thinking of your torso as a cardboard box whilst riding can really help you avoid contortions when you turn, in transitions and in your general riding. Think of the box going all the way from the top of your shoulders all the way down to seat bone level.
The idea behind of the analogy...
You have front, back and side panels. These panels can be creased inwards or bulge outwards. You also have the corners of the box too. One corner can be lower than another corner. To give you an idea on how you can use this analogy ask yourself the following questions.
For Front-Back Panels ( Diagnosing whether you are in neutral spine )
1. Is the front and back panel the same length?
2. Is the front or back panel bulging out or caving in?
3. Is the bottom front and bottom back corners of the cardboard box level or is one higher than another?
Item 3 can be used to diagnose if you have all the weight on your front corners or on your back corners. The weight should be 50/50. If you are the kind of person who hollows their back then you may have more weight on your front corners than your back corners.
For the side Panels ( Diagnosing issues with collapsing to one side which becomes more prevalent on turns, circles and lateral movement)
1. Is one side bulging or caving in?
2. Is the box twisting in the middle or at certain levels?
3. Is one side of the box further down than the other side? You could be dropping or raising one side of your pelvis or lifting/dropping your seatbones on one side.
If you have one panel that is collapsing you can think of filling into it to help take out the collapse.
Did you know that, as a member of Dressage Training TV you can submit videos of yourself for our coaches to review and help you out. They can help diagnose your postion and where your problems lie, along with giving you doable fixes to help you improve.
WHAT ELSE DO I GET?
You also get access to all of our other courses running on Dressage Training TV:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THE COURSE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS IN THE FUTURE
We want to make sure that we can make this a truly unique and supportive experience for all our members. We anticipate demand for the course to be very high, so we may have to restrict numbers to keep response levels for support, feedback and evaluation of video fast. If you want to get on board NOW registration to new members is still OPEN.
Works out just over £13 per month
Works out as only £13 per month
Best Value 41p per day