TRIANGLE POSE – TRIKONASANASeptember 9, 2016
INTRODUCTION TO THE EQUINE BACK RUB COURSE
IN SESSION ONE OF THE EQUINE BACK RUB
You will learn about golden rule number 1: Lean don’t push! This entails correct stance, body awareness, co-ordination, weight transference and how to deliver the rubbing at the right speed and pressure.
We will teach you some of the initial techniques by asking you to work with a friend’s shoulders. This is a fun way to start getting feedback about what your touch feels like to the horse. The aim is to get feedback to help you fully understand “lean don’t push!” and also feedback on how much weight you can or can’t put into your touch.
You will learn about golden rule number 2: mother hand and working hand. You will learn rubbing and percussion techniques on each other.
When you move onto applying techniques to the horse you will learn:
- How to introduce yourself which is all about intention.
- A variety of different stroking and rubbing techniques
- Which areas of the horses body enjoy which techniques most
- How to use different areas of your hand to deliver your touch to maximum benefit
- This will enable you to then get started and get practicing and will give you all you need to have fun moving on to module two
WANT TO WATCH THE EQUINE BACK RUB COURSE?
Check out our membership site where each month you get hours and hours of video. You also get to join in live streamed lessons, watch the HD recordings, chat with us and even join us as we train our horses with commentary. Click the link to sign up below.
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW